When our clients partner with VC Development Group, we build and develop financial models across a wide range of property types and investment profiles (debt, equity and structured transactions). We perform macro and micro research to analyze and identify new potential markets for expansion of client’s investment strategy. We also perform on-site market and deal-specific research for all of client’s investment opportunities. VC Development Group conducts transaction due diligence, including underwriting analysis, building development models, in-depth review of tenant leases and financials, and review and reconciliation of all property related reports. We prepare investment memorandums and other presentation materials for prospective acquisitions and client’s capital raising efforts. We also work with investment teams to determine the structure of the investment including analyzing impact of changing tax laws. And VC Development Group reviews and negotiates legal documents (including loan documents, leases and JV agreements) with outside counsel and financial sponsor groups to ensure that financial terms, liabilities and representations are favorable to Client in order to close new investments / leases.
At VC Development Group, our attitude is that Due Diligence is a continuing process that demands thorough reviews throughout the life of the project. We recognize the importance of building and maintaining trust to promote long term relationships with our clients, and approval authorities. For each and every project we form strong public-private relationships and partnerships with civic leaders, public officials, community development departments, public approving agencies and neighbors These relationships are ultimately critical to making any project happen. We are familiar with all of the tools for mitigating execution risk.
- Site Selection Consultation
- Site Analysis and Site Investigation Reports (SIR)
- Manage RFQ or RFP programs for Design & Construction
- Negotiate ‘pro bono’ conceptual designs
- Initial assessment for any Site Remediation needed
- Manage Environmental investigation and review
- Manage adherence to the Endangered Species Act
- Engineering site assessment
- Land Use Requirements
- Infrastructure analysis
- Wet & Dry utility ‘Will Serve’ agreements
- Research Permitting, compliance and regulatory enforcement matters across a broad spectrum of industries
- Obtain and submit all City and Agency Permitting requirements
- Feasibility studies and analysis
- Constructability review
- Preliminary Schedule and sequencing analysis
- Review required City and Agency development agreements
- Environmental Health & Safety compliance
- Provide tailored Pre-construction services needed for project & lender commitment
Design & Quality Control Management
Internal project savings start with VC Development Group coordinating and managing all architects, engineers and consultants within a project, steering the architectural design with value engineering considerations prior to, and during construction bidding process.
- Immediately consider ‘Design-Build’ as a strategy
- Recommendation and Manage contracts for Design of Structural, MEP, IT, Interior Design, Landscape, and FFE
- Design Quality Control and Coordination
- BIM Design, Modeling and clash detection
- Manage tailored ‘project specific’, division-by-division, Specification writing
- Coordinate detailed Material Finish Specification Book identifying all Interior and Exterior Finishes and Products
- Manage Peer Reviews of Design
- Ongoing utilization of Redi-Check and design team ‘group page turners’
- Coordinate and incorporate Waterproofing Consultant concerns into design
- Monitor Sound mitigation measures for design inclusion (i.e. HVAC RTU’s)
- Incorporate into scope and design, years of ‘lessons learned’, commonly missed items, and reoccurring change order items
- Coordinate and manage all ‘mock-ups’ needed for Planning approvals, and installation sequencing review
VC Development Group has extensive regulatory expertise and offers a comprehensive knowledge of asbestos and lead management, abatement, and hazardous and non-hazardous soil and waste disposal.
- Oversight experience with cleanup of contaminated groundwater & soil sites in collaboration with other Public Agencies including the California Regional Water Quality Control Board & State Water Resources Control Board.
- Experience with implementing California State Policies including California’s Low Threat Underground Storage Tank Closure Case Closure for petroleum-contaminated sites
VC Development is a licensed Class B, California General Contractor. We are capable of building anything, on schedule, on budget, at the highest level of quality. Depending, however, upon a client or investor’s needs or relationships, VC Development also enters into Joint Venture agreements, and also provides Construction Management only services, managing the entire project, or any of its individual components.
Our Project Management team at VC Development Group serves as the implementation arm of program management, providing real-world solutions and a customizable and scalable methodology.
- Staffed by a veteran group of construction managers, space planners, architects, engineers, vendors and consultants, the VC Development Group team has the skills and experience, and specialize in tailored solutions to complex challenges to successfully complete any type of site development and project
- The VC Development Group team comes from all regions of the world to provide service within its fully integrated, one-firm structure.
- We operate our own construction company and we conduct all contract negotiations in-house to streamline the development process.
- Knowledge, Experience, and unsurpassed ability with Construction issues gives us a competitive advantage.
- We specialize in a variety of project delivery methods, from the traditional plans and specs approach to full-service program management and specializing in Design-build.
- We provide recommendations to reduce risk and accelerate savings benefitting clients through lower operating costs on labor, transportation, materials, and energy outlays.
- The VC Development Group Project Management team also has experience supporting LEED certification initiatives.
At VC Development Group, we produce the institutional-quality accounting and financial reporting today’s real estate investors and lenders demand.
- Unsurpassed project documentation
- Architect / Engineer team selection
- Bidding and proposal solicitation
- Pre-construction services
- General Contractor selection
- Value engineering analysis
- Line item estimating
- Budget and proforma development (schematic to construction)
- Critical Path Scheduling
- Manage Client/Builder Weekly On-Site Meetings
- Manage on-going library file storage for Detailed Operations & Maintenance Manual Binders including contacts, warranties, product cut sheets and instructions
- Additionally, VC Development Group produces the institutional-quality accounting and financial reporting today’s real estate investors and lenders demand
VC Development Group also provides full resourcing, procurement, and storage of Owner Client supplied equipment, fixtures and FF&E.
- Manage cross functional analysis to eliminate costs of Design/Vendor disciplines including duplication of efforts
- World-class sourcing with a focus on cost reduction
- Worldwide vendors for Glass, steel, lighting, and FF&E
- Bid solicitation and analysis and value engineering of market products for each project
- Purchase contract preparation
- Manage Material Warehousing and ‘Just in Time’ delivery of schedule critical items
- VC Development Group can also provide efficient and cost effective FF&E installation
Insurance and Construction Defects Claims
VC Development Group has worked globally on multi-party claims with the major insurance companies, general contractors and vendors, property owners and landlords. We can analyze and troubleshoot construction issues on any type of existing building infrastructure (HVAC systems, electrical, plumbing to name a few).
- Years of experience managing commercial and residential litigated claims and coverage issues
- International Review and Analysis of Design Defects, Construction Defects and remedial plans
- Experts at Construction Defect Claims management/handling.
- Expert Witness preparation and testimony
- Recommendation and coordination of Third-Party Experts
- We are recognized for our unsurpassed claim file quality.
The VC Development Group team regularly assist clients involved in challenges and disputes that arise during the development and construction process.
Additionally, VC Development Group has been helping increase organizational productivity and effectiveness at Public Agencies and private companies ranging in size from 50 staff to 3,000 for the past 35 years. Here are a few examples:
- Provided Assessment of the Development Services and Planning Department of the City of Ontario (CA) including analysis of the organization, staffing, morale and external client satisfaction.
- Assisted the City of San Jose (CA) in revising their approach to the Building and Planning Review of projects, of which the City of San Francisco is now ‘modeling’
- Assisted the City of Mountain View (CA) in revising their approach to the Building and Planning Review of projects productivity, procedures, efficiency and organization.
- Assessment and enhancement of the organization and productivity of the Port of Oakland (CA) Engineering Division.
- Assessment and enhancement of the organization and productivity of the City of Temecula (CA) Public Works, Fire and Building Depts.
- Assessment of the organization and productivity of the Engineering division of Denver International Airport (CO) including interviews of staff members and external clients to evaluate the effectiveness of existing procedures.
- Analysis, assessment, realignment and enhancement of DLR Architect Group including one on one discussions and interviews with the CEO and Senior Principal Leaders and multiple staff members
- Provided consultation, and guidance to major US 3rd party inspection firm
- Surveys of client satisfaction for several consulting engineering firms including analysis of results and development of related action plans.
- Ongoing Performance analysis and enhancement of all architects, consultants, general contractors and vendors throughout the project cycles
- We can provide insights, guidance and enhancements to any existing staff